Monday, November 5, 2012

Still sick in Korea

Woke up feeling pretty sick again this morning. I really need to defeat Korean germs. I have a cold and a sore throat and am very tired. I did not rest nearly enough this weekend, and so I hope to spend the next one hiding in Ulsan with Adri. A bonus of knowing less people there means we can just hang out and do nothing. There's kind of a pressure I feel here that I always need to being doing something. It's quite exhausting!! Anyways, sorry for complaining. Sick Anne is cranky Anne.

On a happier note: On Friday walking to school I was greeted by one of my favourites and her friends (I finally found out her name. Su Min. Pronounced Soo Meen. Isn't that cute?). Here's our conversation as well as I remember:

SM: Teacher. [sun]Glasses.. Why?
Anne: Well it's sunny!
SM: No teacher. Cold.
Anne: Well it's sunny and cold!
SM: Today, in Seoul, SNOW.
Anne (legitimately shocked): NO! Really??
SM (surprised at my surprise): Teacher... you no watch news?
Anne: No.. it's in Korean...
SM(laughing): Teacher!!! Learn Korean!!!!

I had a chuckle. Today another group of kids told me I needed to learn Korean and that it was "very easy." They keep teaching me hello, but I know that one! I'm going to start greeting them with it just to throw them. 

Today as I was walking around the classroom, a girl picked a hair off of my blazer. She was so excited by this hair. "TeacheR!!" "yes?" "HAIR!" Yes that is a hair.. I told her she could keep it. I could see her bouncing it for the next 5 minutes. Even my body's refuse brings joy in Korea.

Another interaction today in class was a little boy looking at me with extreme urgency and asking "TEACHER. BATHROOM????" Being not-evil, I said yes but Bali Bali (hurry hurry!).
He was gone a while and I wondered if maybe he had faked the urgency and was off playing somewhere. However, when he returned, he tried in very broken English to explain his lateness.
"Teacher! My Poop. MY POOP. HOT. HARD. NO POOP."

Please imagine this with appropriate facial expressions, grunts, and body language hahha. It was hilarious and oh so odd. Thanks for the deets kiddo. 



Remember the country double D dong? Well it turns out
DDong means dung. So that explains the flag...


Went back to Gyeongju World this weekend. One time wasn't
enough! I love this mishmash of fairy tail happiness.


You think you are going to eat this food?


WELL YOU'RE NOT. IMMA SIT IN IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment