Monday, November 26, 2012

An unexpected difference...

My amazing parents recently sent me a birthday package filled to the brim with candy canes. I have shown my coteachers to magic of letting one dissolve into coffee/tea. It's almost like I have DavidsTea Santa's Secret out here :) Anyways, when I was brought out candy candes I mentioned that I loved Christmas. I was surprised by a teacher's confused response of "But you have no boyfriend?"

Um.. what?

Well it turns out that here Christmas for the non religious isn't about family and gift giving, but about going on a date with your lover on Christmas Eve. Just another little tidbit of Korea!

PS  I am depressed thinking about missing Christmas. Lotsa love in this blog post to those of you who I'll be missing! You better believe we'll be Skyping.

No comments:

Post a Comment