Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mean Kids


I teach nine grade 6 classes, eight grade 5 classes, one grade 4 class and one grade 3. The grade 3’s are adorable, the grade 4’s are psycho but nice, the grade 5’s are the cutest things in the world, and the grade 6’s are lovely and sweet. Oh wait. Except for one class. One grade 6 class is just dreadful.

I am not writing this to complain – having 18/19 amazing classes makes me really lucky. I just want this blog to be accurate!
The class, 6-4, has no regard for me. Whereas every other class excitedly call out HELLO ANNE TEACHER the moment they see me, 6-4 really could not care less. They don’t listen, they’re never quiet, they don’t play games, they don’t repeat after me. I’m pretty sure they outright mock me in Korean and their co-teacher snickers.  LUCKILY I do remember being 12 and I do remember hating learning a language (although I’m realizing more and more my French immersion is really incomparable to this. Not only are French and English quite similar, I was surrounded by French in a way these kids never will be with English.) so I don’t take it personally. It’s just so exhausting. Their class was once cancelled 2 weeks in a row and when the homeroom teacher saw me rejoicing he asked if I hated him! Haha. A little over dramatic buddy – but I do hate teaching your kids! It’s a big shame too because the tiny few who want to learn can’t. I literally had one kid repeating after me. There is one boy in the class who is the obvious shit disturber and he’s about 6 feet tall and oh so apathetic. The girls in the class are absolutely silent. It’s a bad bad class. I can’t wait for them to leave in February.

So moral of this post is: while Korea has been amazing, there are some mean kids and bad classes. So it helps to be prepared!

On a happier note...


Robot mailbox for my grade 6's! We'll see if I get anything
cute or just turds from 6-4 haha


Me on TV! This is the school English Broadcast. It's funny.
I'm talking about how big dinosaur eggs are at that moment.
Guess who chooses the weekly topics ;)


Inside cover of the grade 5 textbook. Fish and chips and, yes,
POUTINE. Represent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment