Sunday, November 11, 2012

Student "diaries"

My grade 5 students are currently learning the past tense. The grade 5 English teacher had the excellent idea to make them write fictional diary entries. She gave them only ten minutes, and I think they're great! I had no idea the students could be this imaginative with the language! Anyways, she asked me to correct and comment on them, so I figured I'd show you guys a few of the funnier ones. I will transcribe the original texts for you in case it is difficult to read.


"Last Saturday I ate pizza with my friends. It was delicious and we ate fruits and ate desert. desert was chocolate cake, apple pie. And we played soccer. But I was tired. I don't want this soccer game."


"Today we went to the underground. We met devil and zombi. We fought devil Hong. We won and we ate devil hong. it was yummy. It was great day - The end - "



"Yesterday, I went space trip. I saw earth, moon and I saw many different stars. My friends was very excited and very fun. We ate rice cake made a famous rabbit. It was fantastic !!"



 What this one lacks in artwork it makes up for in hilarity.
"I went to the zoo. I saw elephants and rabbits. I was fighting with elephants. I won the fight but I broke my arms and lefs. It was very sick but it was fun."


 "I went to the moon. There are many angels in there. I was surprised. I ate angels apple. The angels said "You stole my apples" And I ran away, Rand after, but angel was catch me. I wake up. It was scared. I said "angel was bad" "
This story took such an unexpected turn!!


This next one was such a shock amongst all the other adorable ones haha. But hey - freedom of expression right? I'm going to guess they play too many video games!
"We went secreat door And we rode an airplane. We fight spider monster. We victory. But we are of bandit. Bandit was (Korean word A). (Korean word A) was shots gun. Then we ware die. (Korean word A) die. Becaus (Korean word B) was (Korean word A) kill."


No comments:

Post a Comment