Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mayonnaise options

At the grocery store you have 2 options for mayonnaise. Same price, same brand, but two labels: "Fresh Mayonnaise" or "Delicious Mayonnaise." I was unaware these two qualities were mutually exclusive!!

I was writing something the other day and my sweet grade 5 coteacher started complimenting me on being able to use my left hand. "It is amazing! You can write so well. The students noticed you can even draw with your left hand!" Haha try as I might to explain that it is not amazing and that I can't use my right hand, she insisted that I was very special. As usual, I'll take it.

Lastly, today a little girl came to look at what I was doing on my computer. They often come poking around at the end of school, ask for candy, call me pretty, chat if they have the skills to, and then lose interest and leave. This little girl however was completely entranced by my powerpoint editing and decided to sit on my chair with me and speak to me in Korean. It was adorable, yet so confusing. She was eventually able to communicate something along the lines of
"Teacher. Go. Shuttle bus. Book!"
I think she wanted me to come with her to a bookstore.. but alas, I told her I had to stay and work until 4 30. It was adorable, cute and so funny that student with such low English would enjoy my company so much!

PS Unrelated to anything, has anyone seen the movie Mary and Max? It's an Australian Claymation I just watched and it's very good. Very dark, but very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment