Friday, November 30, 2012

I am surrounded by love!

I am not an overly positive person. I swear. In fact if I had a dollar for every time I was called sarcastic I would have a lot of dollars. So the fact that I am feeling so great really is cause things are awesome, not because I am some cock-eye optimist!

Today my wonderful co-teacher, suffering from a pretty rough cold, brought me a cheesecake for my birthday! She asked if I liked cheesecake.

UM. YES.

We ate it at break and everyone sang happy birthday for me :)

I was wished happy birthday by tons of kids, in English and Korean. One kid cracked me up when he wanted me to say "Happy Birthday" in Korean and told me "Listen and Repeat!" because that's what their book (and I) always say. Apparently it translates roughly to congratulations, which is why they all have been writing that on my cards. Anyways many many happy birthdays, more cards, more gifts, and to top it all off, my last class a little group of boys danced for me. Normally the love is showered onto me by the girls, so this was extra endearing. It was a pretty cool little dance too. It's just so awesome that I can be so far from home and be shown such kindness. 

Sadly my photos didn't turn out too well but I have a LOT of letters to reply to so you will have to deal with these shaky shots.



This is a pic of my birthday hoard. I didn't include all the letters because there's just too many! The gifts include that tin of goodies, winter socks, and a notebook. So amazingly lovely.

"Ann Teacher,
Hello! Teacher I'm 5-6 Lee Ye-song. Teacher, happy birthday to you. I like you. I give cookie and candy it is yummy have a nice day~!!"

"Hi?
I'm Clara. Happy Birthday! I give for little present ^^ Do you like notebook? ^^ I think you like this note book. Happy Birthday Teacher Anne! (drawing)<-- This is Cake!"

Cards don't have to include gifts or elaborate stationary to be sweet!
"Hello? My name is Won Ye Ryoung.
I'm fifth grade, and class 2.
I heard this Sunday is your birthday. Isn't it?
I want to happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you~! Happy birthday you!
You are so funny. And so pretty."

No comments:

Post a Comment