Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another day

A couple amusing anecdotes.

Firstly, there is a sportswear store here called Kolon Sport. That in itself is pretty damn hilarious. Anyways, they wear sportswear here all the time as casual wear, so there are Kolon Sport's everywhere. Today I told the gym teacher what colon meant.. he has limited English so the only way I could explain was the inaccurate but close description of "poo hole." He then looked it up and laughed and I could hear his computer saying "colon" as he pushed the "listen to" button. Then I heard his computer saying "anus" and him repeating to practice. Then for the next while every time a teacher came into the teacher room I could hear him speaking in Korean and saying "colon" a lot and the other teacher would laugh haha. He even told the vice principle, who then said to me "Korean style! With a K!" It was amusing. This colon conversation ended with the gym teacher saying his colon was full and he needed toilet. Classy. Same guy said his name is "HIV (pronounced super weird I'm really not sure what he was saying. Hee Bee or something) the AIDS virus! Because mom said I looked like a virus" hahaha.

Secondly, I got a phone call (already amusing enough because I never expected the phone in the teacher room to be for me!) from my grade 5 coteacher asking me to come upstairs. When I went a student had a birthday present for me!! I will take a pic of all the cards/presents I get from the kids once I get them all. So far, it's been a good haul! Anyways, after I thanked her, another student pulled a stray hair off my blazer. Holding it and bouncing and speaking excitedly in Korean, she convinced her friends that they all wanted one. I then had a little pack of grade 5 girls picking as my shoulders looking for stray hairs. I felt like a monkey being groomed. Soon all but one had a hair of their own, but she looked sad so I ran my hands through my hair to find her one. She was so happy! My coteacher said that they were talking about how every detail of me was different. I feel way too special here. I've never felt like having thin hair was cool before!


I found this really cute. Why would I dislike
red? Also those symbols make the Korean
version of :'(


Moose sent by mommy being used in a class not taught by
me. They're so popular!


I laughed so much when I saw a student
wearing this coat. The kids all keep
asking me why I wanted a pic of it and I
really don't know how much detail I can get
into explaining. Anyways all I've said is
"illegal. go to jail" haha.

This is my first letter of the second wave.
This girl is actually so sweet. Last class when
I handed my replies they all grabbed theirs and
ran away before I could see which student
she was. I am determined to find out next
time! Also today I got five letters written
in Korean haha oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment