Friday, October 26, 2012

Gyeongju World!

This week has been so awesome despite illness! Wednesday was an inter-school sports day and today was the grade 6 field trip to Gyeongju World which was SO MUCH FUN. It's an amusement park and actually had way more rides than Lotte World and less lineups, so it was totally awesome. It was a lot of fun to hang out with my coteacher and another teacher because when it was just the three of us (we were the only teachers who wanted to ride rides!) we spoke in English.

The students were adorable as always and a bunch gave me candy. They're starting to get curious about my Korean language skills and are amused by my vocab of "Hello," "Thank you," "Hurry," and "One two three four!"

Anyways the day started with some cuties grabbing my coteacher and my hands and dragging us running to a super awesome ride called "The Paentom." We then had a delicious lunch with the teachers that included luxuries like Starbucks and Guiness, and even "golden kiwis" which was like green kiwis but even better. There was also real food like kimbap and pork leg. I even dared my coteachers to prove that they could actually eat the INSANELY spicy green peppers and they did!
We  did some more rides in the afternoon and wrapped it all up watching a KPOP dance show.

 Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:


Taekwondo-ers at the sports day

Splash mountain type ride made just for me :)


"gout de ciel.
 Here's an example from a butterfly an example
 thet it can lie happy on a hard rock
An example that it can lie on this unsweetened
stone friendlessly and all alone now let my bed
 I do not care."
What a great example!!


"fire & ice.
SOME say the world will end in fire
SOME say in ice
From what those who favor fire
But it had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice"
Sublime poetry at every turn in Korea.

Super sexual KPOP cover dancers. Serious gyrations in no pants
were going on in front of horny high school boys and
toddlers alike. 


KPOP cover dancing wouldn't be complete without an
awesome rendition of Gangnam Style. 

Unrelated to this post but pretty funny right?

No comments:

Post a Comment