Friday, October 19, 2012

Biking in Gyeongju

Helloooo

I went for a bike ride this week. Here are some pictures of it. I don't have much to update, this week was pretty standard. The kids were cute. I ate lots of odd things. Oh actually, we did have an "open class" this week where the Principal, VP and other teachers come in and watch you teach. Because I am always teaching in front of other teachers it wasn't a big deal for me (plus the fact that I'm only here for a year) but my co teachers were very nervous. Anyways apparently the verdict is I did well! Woohoo. It's always nice to be validated!

ALSO apparently a student saw me in the newspaper! I am trying to find a copy. So funny. I imagine the caption is something like "Here are foreigners drinking our glorious makoli."

Oh I do have a story actually. Today for my psycho grade 4's (you can't blame them, it's the last period on a Friday) I did a lesson on "countries." Was a pretty big flop, but at the end I had them make up a country. A few didn't understand and just drew Korea, but most did and had some hilarious ones. Some favourites were Monsterland and DDong (I have no idea what this means. He called it "Double D Dong haha but I really don't think he meant it in the Western way. Dong means like neighbourhood or something..). They drew their country's flags, wrote how to say hello in the language (one kid even wrote symbols instead of letters, which I thought was pretty clever), and drew some people (or monsters of course). Another amusing one was "Gun Land" where he didn't fill out anything but did draw a gun hahaha. One boy did New South Korea, which I thought was really cute too.


Pretty pond by the bike route.


Apparently these are instructions on how to walk??




The rice fields are a bright yellow now, as opposed to the
lush green they were when I first got here. Sad I only took
a photo now, but there is always next summer!


I like taking pictures of flowers. Whatever these are they
also grow in my moms garden which is happy.

Highly unexpected architecture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment