Monday, October 22, 2012

Anapji Pond

I'm feeling quite under the weather tonight. Boo. Hopefully I will heal in time for this weekend when I am planning on going to Busan (one of Korea's coolest cities I've been told).

Today's thought ramblings:

This weekend I had my most excited greeting. An older man saw Adri and me walking towards him and his face LIT UP and he started joyfully screaming and waving at us. This joy-scream continued until we had walked passed him. It was weird, but awesome.
It was similar to last Friday when I heard a child crying. I thought "How will I console this little child with my lack of language skills?" As I hesitantly put my hand on her shoulder, this little kid's face exploded into a smile as she beamed up at me. Of course. Merely by looking slightly different I am totally amazing! How could I have doubted myself. She kept beaming as she slowly walked away backwards. It was so surreal.

I am really not very good with my grade 3 class. How to explain "late?" I have no idea. I will just have to look up a translation I think. (they don't know the words "supposed to"or "scheduled" or anything like that. Teaching here can sometimes be like a very long and very difficult game of Taboo)

I feel so bad when students try and talk to me and I have no clue what they are saying. Today a girl said something like "You like pill?" And I'm pretty sure she was asking if I liked the BELL. While these words seem obvious when written next to each other, it really really wasn't in the moment.

I got to cook in a friend's house with a real kitchen and SPICES this weekend. It was pretty glorious.

On my Korean nail polish it is written: "For creation of more beauty professional implement." Yes?

For one of my games today the kids had to say "Does Anne have straight hair? No she has curly hair" and I put a picture of my Mario Kart Avatar. They were very amused. I was too. Oh except for one girl who kept telling me to go to the hair store and make my hair straight. Rude.

Finally, I went to Anapji Pond this weekend. This is an artificial pond made in some ancient palace to make some ancient princess happy. I like walking around historical places like that and pretending I am said princess. I really want to try on a hanbok.

Here are some pictures!

Sunset bike ride.


This thing has a name. It's pretty.


This is Bomun Lake. An artificial lake in the touristy area.
Were some super cool parents to come visit, they could
stay at the resort looking out on to this. 
\

Anapji Pond


Look! It's Anne in Korea! Note the couple behind me.
Anapji is a popular date location I was told.

Anne is STILL in Korea!


There was this cool pond with changing colour lights
illuminating it. Very hard to capture. 



1 comment: