Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MudFest

In Boryeong, on the East coast of Korea, there is an annual Mud Festival. It is apparently quite famous, so we checked it out. It was very interesting, and also fun! For whatever reason, be it the festival, or a proximity to Seoul, or a massive amount of foreigners (including beefy military dudes), but the Korean modesty and conservative vibe totally fell away that weekend. Foreigners and Koreans alike pranced around in bikinis, covered in mud, and exposing tattoos! We got to play on bouncing mud castles, swim in the ocean, and see a super awesome airshow. The 6 hours bus rides to and from nearly killed me though. I am 100% not social enough to deal with obnoxious people for that long. Koreans are so right when it comes to bus comportment - SILENCE. I didn't bother to bring my camera since it's a notoriously muddy event, but here as a few murky phone shots.

Being around so many foreigners was also very weird. The vast majority of people are stupid and dumb, but when they speak another language I at least can't tell. With everyone speaking English I was reminded. It didn't help the influx of the beefy bros from army bases. I literally heard some gross foreigner beefcakes ask some Korean girls walking by "Hey how much did those cost?" People suck.



Get yo mud on

I kept thinking I was seeing blackface everywhere.
But happily it was just mud face!



Sad shark awaiting to be eaten :(

No comments:

Post a Comment