Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Swimming"

I went to "California Beach" and Gyeongju World with the grade 6s on Friday. California beach is a water park, and I was pretty excited. I brought 'swimming clothes' with every intention of swimming with the kiddos.

Call me crazy, but sweating in a mandatory life jacket while wading in hot thigh high water is not my definition of swimming. There were rides, but the lines were 50-100 minutes long. I felt massively claustrophobic, one of my first "Ohmygod I'm in massively overcrowded Asia" moments for a while. SO I just hung out with the teachers and ate pat bing su, a Korean icy dessert. Not a bad day!


Patbingsu - a Korean dessert that originally
baffled me. Ice cream, sweetened red beans,
fruit, rice cakes, and cereal all piled
on top of shaved ice? Like most
other Korean foods though, I now
love it. Especially since the weather
has consistently been "feels like 45"
the past few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment