Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Adorable performance

This week I have no classes so have just been hanging around planning summer camp (I made some pretty awesome powerpoint animations to explain card games) and reading my awesome Kindle. So today my grade 5 coteacher asked me to join her to see a performance.

It turns out there were a few Japanese exchange students coming to our school to spend a few days. So we went to the welcoming ceremony. All the grade 5's and a few kids from other grades were sitting on the floor. As we walked in, I was suddenly blown AWAY by kids screaming "ANNE TEACHER!!!!" in extreme excitement. I have no idea why they were so excited! I see them in class weekly and and always around the school. It was insane! As I walked through them they were even reaching up to touch me. I felt like a celebrity walking through my fans. Funny kids!!

The performances were cute! First, a sixth grade class played on their recorders. They had regular recorders, but also crazy looking bass and bassoon like recorders. 

Then a group of adorable grade 5 boys did some taekwondo. Finally the bedazzled grade 4's did a dance to none other than Gentleman by Psy. It was lovely. You can hear me laughing in the video because the uncensored Psy just sang "You so f***ing sexy!" And here I was wondering why all my kids have been fond of that word recently!

It was also neat to see the Japanese kids! My coteacher said they didn't speak English, or Korean, so they were having some trouble communicating. I'm sure they managed just fine though, I know the usefulness of miming!




Each boy performing is adorable. It was nice to see
a bunch of my favourites perform!




No comments:

Post a Comment