Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oops I don't post much anymore

HELLO!

I remember reading  blogs before coming here, and all of them had a "Sorry I don't post much anymore" post. Well here's mine! I've gotten so much worse at being a documentarian. I am much less inclined to go on weekend trips than I was last year as all festivals start to bleed together, plus it's chilly, and even when I do go somewhere I always seem to forget my camera!

Side story, I taught grade four today. I teach them once a week, and don't teach with the homeroom teachers. So when I see the homeroom teacher at break they're always extra nice to me since I'm somewhat more of a guest and for whatever reason they all happened to be sweet middle aged ladies. Anyways, today I swear they called me beautiful for about ten minutes. It was incredible. I was wearing my nicest sweater which always gets comments (ironically purchased at a Korean grocery store!) but this was the longest compliment streak of my life! Ok no, that was sports day when I sprinted. But still! I keep trying to express to them that I am nothing special back home, but then this just elicits MORE compliments. They were asking me how to say "s-line" in English. This is the Korean way to describe an hour glass figure. I didn't have the heart to tell them a comment along those lines in the workplace back home would garner some very funny looks. Can you imagine a young teacher being told by her senior peers how shapely she was! 



I found such a glorious bakery. Check it out, I even
splurged on a 3$ avocado! All that is missing
is some decent cheese!

Beautiful night.

My friend's mom was in town so we went to that
"traditional" restaurant... If you look carefully beyond
the chandelier, there are Halloween streamers!
This was last week.
Also there was a strain glass window of
The Last Supper.
It was.. special.

Selfie at school. So. Cold.
(Although today they turned on
the heat for the first time!!
Was so much less cranky)

Last night my friend was invited by some coteachers to a show. As always, we had no idea what to expect but it was closeby and free. I obviously forgot my camera... Anyways, it was awesome! It was a show of traditional Korean instruments and dancing put on by local teachers and students! Turns out one of my kids was in it! It was truly amazing, especially the ribbon hat dancers! Anyways, after the show everyone had an awesome dance party outside where we were finally allowed to use our cell phones again!




No comments:

Post a Comment