Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy White Day!!

So here I am, thinking, Oh gee these poor kids growing up without much of a Halloween. How ever do they manage?

Well it turns out they do with White Day! Traditionally, White Day is a second Valentine's Day where boys are supposed to get girls presents. The lollipop Chupa Chups however somehow used their marketing skills to convince everyone that White Day is candy day and everyone should exchange lollipops! It was absolutely adorable. All the kids were thrilled to give me candy when they saw me, calling "WAIT Anne Teacher!" and pulling lollipops out of all their pockets. One boy even got down on one knee to present me with a lollipop in front of the class. When kids would ask me for candy and I would say I didn't have any (truth is I didn't have enough to give all 400 of them) they would then just give me some instead. Too cute!! I even got a little candy package in my mailbox!


So many  Chupa Chups!

Yesterday was also the beginning of the year teacher dinner. We went for BBQ pork, which is absolutely delicious and I'm pretty sure I ate an entire pig's worth. Luckily, a coteacher was able to tell me about the dinner, because here is what I got from Google translating the memo...

"Informs Yurim reunions.

A little late ㅋ ㅋ seumdwa

Urgently place has changed.

Many minutes you want to eat belly with skin God

Today at 5:00 pm

Jeju grazing belly with skin (next Hwangseong Suhyup, 10000000000000000 days near the church)

All.

Receptions combine reunions new member of the first event.

Please attend"


Very useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment