Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cherry Blossoms

The cherry blossoms in the city are blooming and it's beautiful. I feel like it's one of those super Asian must sees. They are very delicate little flowers, white with the slightest blush of pink. The trees almost look like they are covered in snow.  The rest of the vegetation, however, is still very bleak and the city is still pretty dirty and crammed compared to cities back home, so while the flowers are beautiful there isn't the same feeling of freshness as spring back home.

Anyways, they're open super briefly, so I asked my teachers where to go see them. They recommended a street where they are all lit up at night, so go I did.  It was really pretty! They smell nice too.

It's a pretty interesting experience.. the trees bloom, then stalls selling food or trinkets pop up like  mushrooms after a rain, and massive crowds walk around. The trees are pretty, but it's a very uniquely Korean experience to just go, hang out, and take photos while jostling through a bunch of people, then leave. The most exciting sighting were some massive oysters. I haven't tried an oyster yet since my return to meat... I think I will wait until I can try one from someone else's plate before I go buying any. Here are some photos!

Blossoms in the park.

No blossoms, but just a cool shot of the tomb downtown
at sunset. Such a magical tree.

Blossoms on my walk to school.

Alright here onwards are from the street festival.

Unfortunately under these trees was a whole
bunch of traffic! We found it  odd it
was that they don't close off the streets.


This photo and the next are blurry, but I thought
they showed the cool different lighting of the
blossoms.

I like this photo. Traditional looking cherry
blossoms and then super brightly
lit modern day "love motels" is a good
summary of Korea! 

Street foooood. I ate a bunch of fried garbage, now
I don't feel too good !

Super crappy looking toys, but I imagine
kids whine until they get some.

Terrifying.

This booth reminded me of an ice show back home. All
this stuff was lighting up. 

An entire fried chicken.
Here you can see the super creepy anti-UV
face masks/hats. Also, a sock for when you want
your heels to be extra warm.
Pretty looking candy

HUGE oysters
Sadly this pretty lit up temple thingy was
next to impossible to photograph.


PS The other day a student said I looked 30. Rude.

PPS The other day some students saw me coming home and ran after me to ask if the apartment was my home. I am very fearful of visits!




No comments:

Post a Comment