Monday, December 24, 2012

Cats and Christmas Spirit!

I spent the weekend in Ulsan with Adri, resting and getting ready for tonight's Christmas festivities. We went shopping and I got a whole bunch of adorable Korean sweaters to help me survive the freezingness of my classroom, a new hat and new mitts. The mitts ended up having a string attaching them to run through my coat. So while I may look like a child, at least I won't lose these ones!!

We went out for lunch today to a "Chinese" restaurant. It's pretty neat to see how different Chinese food is here vs home, and I bet both versions are equally different from the food in actual China. Anyways we had a delicious big soup full of seafood, noodles, and super excitingly, VEGETABLES. I ate all the seafood and veggies, excited to have so much variety in my soup, whereas my colleagues picked around the veggies and ate all the noodles. It was pretty funny. I find meals out with my teachers pretty interesting because I can literally understand nothing, and I feel like you see a whole other side to a person when you can't understand them. Also it actually takes will power not ot laugh at all the slurping noises they make. It's just so loud and I can just see my mother dying in the corner hahaha. Anyways, the soup was amazing.

Here are some pictures from the cat cafe and from my little Christmas set up and some other stuff. The cat cafe was pretty hilarious:  a basement cafe with a ton of kitties. The cats were SO patient, being stroked and harassed constantly by children. There seemed to be a rule though that the sleeping cats weren't disturbed. Also the cats could climb on ceiling pipes to escape children. All the cats had their claws and there were tons of kitty jungle gyms for them to climb around on, so I think they were all pretty happy. When a group of girls came in, Adri and I offered to switch tables so they could sit together. Apparently, this act of decency warranted us getting a free bag of mystery meat cat treat! Once we got that, we became way more popular. Finally, a super old cat came and snuggled into Adri's lap. No cat came to me, so Adri put him in my lap. He was so old and happy to snuggle he didn't mind. When we eventually let, I carried him all curled up and put him on a sleeping matt. He didn't move at all. It was so cute. One kitty did have a pretty severe looking eye infection, but the healthiness of the others has me pretty sure he was being treated for it.

As for Christmas, my amazing parents and auntie have sent me SO many goodies, that I barely miss them. LIES. Miss you guys so much, but the packages definitely take the sting out of it. Can't wait to Skype with you tomorrow. Adri and I are having Christmas morning together, and there are plenty of dinners and parties happening to keep us busy and not too sad. Love to all my family and friends, thank you for reading my blog, and happy holidays!!


Before class one day the boys tried to see how many could sit
on each other. After trying and failing to take a photo, I had
them all go sit down. Under this massive pile was one little
boy who was very happy to be able to breathe again!!


Really cool looking restaurant near Adri. Sadly, we feel
ill equipped to order by ourselves. 


Cat Cafe!


Squeeazine that bag of mystery meat caused the cats to 
come a running. Pictured here is a beautiful brown cat.
I had never seen a solid brown cat before.

Adri makes an old friend.


Adri gives him to me


Putting him, he decided he liked my arm,
so I didn't move it.


Beautiful hanbok store I pass home from the train station.
I want to know if it's allowed to try them on. I feel like they're
so expensive it would be rude to try them on without intention
of buying.


Merry Christmas!!


Can't wait to open them. Tried
to peek but they are pinned
shut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment