Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pig Spine Soup

Has probably got to be the most unvegetarian thing I've eaten. It is just SO gruesome looking. Tastes quite yummy though. Those little blobs are doughy noodles that were my favourite part, and the broth is fantastic. Spine meat, it turns out, tastes like regular meat. It merely requires chopstick
dexterity!



I went out to lunch with my coteacher and her mother. Her mother kept giving me more and more food, despite me explaining I had already eaten. I told them how this reminded me of my own mother giving me tons of food before leaving in case I didn't like Korean food. They laughed and then she said she could be my Korean mother. It was the sweetest thing ever. Literally the only words I could say directly to her were Hello, Thank you, and One Two Three Four. 


School is currently out and I have been teaching a winter camp. I teach 4 classes, and each has a super different feel. I essentially teach the same class though and just change up the activities and my pace for the different ages. It's an "around thw world" class and kids have been put into teams. I let them chose their countries out of: Canada, Australia, Tanzania, France and Brazil. Each class had a very different reaction to the countries. I think it should be neat. One of the questions I asked the older kids was "How is America [I have to call it that because they don't understand when I say the States. It drives me insane] different from Korea?" One kid said "black faces!" I suppose that is accurate? When I asked how the countries were similar and no one had an answer, I said that everybody liked Saturdays.



Merry Christmas from Anne and Adri in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment