Saturday, August 18, 2012

Made it to Korea: First thoughts

Hurray! I have survived the journey. All my luggage did as well! Nothing was over weight! So successful.

Some initial thoughts:

-People were not kidding about how tiny Korean bath towels were!
-I'm even more shy in Korean than in French.
      -BUT the Koreans seem pretty happy with my 1 word vocab of "Thank you"
-It's pretty cool being bowed to. Head bow + smile has been my major form of communication so far.
-The brown rice green tea that was in my room is amazing. It's like DavidsTea only not over priced!
-The song that welcomed me into the hotel shuttle? I Want it That Way. Amazing.

Some initial images:

HAHAHA to everyone who said I could be vegetarian here.
I have no idea what I am eating. It is sushi like.


I'm in a hotel so the bathroom is
pretty normal looking..
until you start showering and
realize water is going
EVERYWHERE...


... and then the water goes down here! I felt like a very
very rebellious child making such a mess of the bathroom.


really cool idea. When the key is removed
from this slot,all the lights and A/C turn off!


The very covert A/C that took me
over and hour of extreme sweatiness
to realize was there.

I will part by letting you know the following : I was unable to finish both "Bel Ami" and "Deep Impact" and instead opted to re-watch Downtown Abbey, Miranda, and play InsanAquarium. Who else remembers that awesome game!! (I may have found it by searching the kids' section.......)

No comments:

Post a Comment