Sunday, August 26, 2012

I will be teaching in Gyeongju!!

OK EVERYBODY

.

I am going to be teaching elementary in Gyeongju! I have highlighted where that is and where Adri will be for those of you who know her ;)

So tomorrow I leave my safety net of orientation and head out into the big unknown. I will be meeting my co-teacher, who getting along with is crucial to my sanity in Korea. I may also meet my principal and vice principal, so I have to look very sharp. (Not fun in this heat) I finally figured out why Koreans like everything so high necked (ok so this is just a theory)... because when you bow you can see down any other neckline! I'm so smart.

Now for the sad news: I will be losing my free internet. So if I am MIA for a few days, do not worry. I am merely internet-less. And phone-less. I'm sure I'll be able to find a cafe close by though!

Food for thought (slash food for me)

Here is an excerpt on the Wiki page for Gyeongju cuisine:

"The soup is made by boiling soybean sprout, sliced memilmuk (buckwheat starch jelly), sour kimchi (pickled vegetables) and gulfweed in a clear broth of dried anchovy and Alaska pollack.[123]
The east district of Gyeongju, Gampo-eup town, is adjacent to the sea, so fresh seafood and jeotgal (fermented salted seafood) are abundant. There are over 240 seafood restaurants in Gampo Harbor offering various dishes made with seafood caught in the sea, such as hoe (raw fish dishes), jeonboktang (an abalone soup), grilled seafood and others."

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment