Sunday, March 30, 2014

Biking around town


Spring has definitely arrived, with some very warm weather while sunny, and some very beautiful blossoms blooming. Here are a few shots from two separate bike rides I took around Bomun Lake. I went alone last weekend, and then today I went with a friend. It's always super gorgeous, albeit incredibly crowded on some parts of the trail. It's a very enjoyable weekend bike ride though, and yet another reason I love living in Gyeongju.

When we stopped at the Starbucks to get a little coffee, a super cute older lady wearing all floral prints came over to chat. She motioned my bike seat (it's very plush looking) and seemed to praise it. So I pointed to my bottom and said "it's nice for my bum." She laughed, gave me a thumbs up, then proceeded to pat my rear end. And, of course, called me pretty. Gotta soak in these compliments while I can!


There's currently some weird trend where people
are supposed to post a picture of their face
and then donate to cancer? I hate these things,
but only a true misanthrope would
chose not to donate to cancer, so I went with it.
Note the cute "shilla smiling face" behind me,
that's one of Gyeongju's symbols!
  
Bomun is always full of amusing swan boats.

I was confused the first time a student
invited me to the "biking" ride at an
amusement park. Turns out it's really not
her fault for mispronouncing it...



Internet tells me this is a Great Crested Grebe

Cute, eh?

Bike shot!

Very pretty divine looking sky.


And when not biking around Bomun, one of my guilty pleasures is eating at Mr. Pizza. Here I am posing with an amusing cutout outside the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment