Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Namsan II

About a year later, I decided to climb Mt. Namsan again! This is the mountain full of ancient buddhist relics responsible for giving Gyeongju the nickname "museum without walls." I went on a beautiful day, and as you can see the snow has mostly melted. Last time I went up one route, so this time I decided to try another. Oh boy was it tough! We scaled the mountain and descended on the other side - quite a tiring day! I wish I would say the fresh air at the top was worth it, but as you can see in the pics we were inhaling quite a gargantuan amount of smog. Either way it was a totally gorgeous hike and I had lovely company, AND saw a pretty bird! Definitely a great success.


Eurasian Jay

Finally at the peak!
Skies were clear that day. This is alllll pollution! 


This lady was bowing over and over.
As you can see, she was balanced on
a thin sliver of rock. It was
quite impressive and a little
scary to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment