Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Holi Festival

Spring is really starting to show itself around here. I no longer have to wear long john's under my pants, and have even started wearing skirts! (With stockings, but still!) This past weekend was an Indian Celebration called Holi. The Indian community in Korea kindly extended the invitation to their beach-side event  in Busan to anyone willing. I basically went for the amazing samosas, but there was also a paint throwing dance party. While my friends and I only danced for about an hour, it was a fun and gorgeous day on the beach after a long winter of hermiting away. And did I mention amazing samosas?

After covering each other in powdered paint and hanging out on the beach for a while, my friend and I found our way to a Korean spa. Korean spas are very common. They involve showers, hot tubs (ranging from freezing to hot enough to cook you), and sauna rooms. They are separated by gender, and are incredibly relaxing. My friend and I went to a nearby hotel that we heard had a spa(garnering quite a few looks as we resembled multicoloured vagabonds). The hotel staff told us that they did have one, but that it was expensive. So they gave us a map and directions to a cheaper spa down the street. Would that ever happen anywhere else?? SO NICE. Anyways the spa we went to was absolutely amazing and just the thing I needed after a weekend in Busan.

Before: paint free
After: multi coloured Anne!
Cool sand sculpture on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment