Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's getting hard to think of titles

Random thoughts and occurrence of today:

I don't know the rule of when to use "I will " vs "I am going to". I am unable to explain it. I refuse to say "it sounds better" like oh so many French teachers have told me. Instead I taught the kiddies to recognize that spoken "gonna" = "going to". They seemed skeptical.

Meeting so many people, there are bound to be ones who have very different world views than I. It is always a shock after we move on from "nice to meet you" pleasantries to discovering we are completely and utterly not alike. Turns out that lots of people don't care about the environment or women's right. Oops.

I was given a piece of gum today from a student. It made me so happy. THEN IT WAS GONE FROM MY DESK. Made me very sad. Gum theft if alive in Korea.

I had a success with my cranky class! I am SO HAPPY. Waygook.org, a website with lesson plan ideas specifically for EFL in Korea, has been a LIFESAVER.

I may or may not have recently heard some gossip. Apparently the person I am replacing did not get along well with her coteacher (ie my coteacher??) and was told she led boring classes. I think she probably did, because if a total rookie like me is getting positive feedback, something must have been up.

I am going to eat Russian food for dinner. In Korea. I do not know what to expect.

Because next week there are only 2 days of classes, I will be teaching the kiddies about Thanksgiving! Perfect timing. I am going to miss my mom's cooking so immensely that weekend I think I will have physical pain.

For Thanksgiving class, I am going to have the kiddies make
comics of things they are thankful for. Here is my example
comic. Afternoon well spent. (on the computer I can up the
contract and make it look better)




This is me at a tomb! Beautiful day downtown after
my first meal at McDonalds since they served pizza.

This is the tomb again. Gorgeous. I look forward to the
trees turning eerie in the fall.


Some crazy person in front of the Art
Centre where we saw the Dance Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment