Friday, July 18, 2014

Time to start saying goodbye...


I began saying goodbye to my students this week.  Thursday and Friday are the days I teach my favourite grade: grade 5.  I knew for a while that next Friday, the 25th, I wouldn't be teaching. But I only found out yesterday that I also wouldn't be teaching Thursday the 24th. SO I had to say an impromptu goodbye to my Thursday classes. Luckily, I had my camera and was able to take class photos. It was super sad, but they were adorable as always and thanked me and said goodbye. Today however, the students and I knew it would be our last class.. and they prepared amaaaaaaazingly sweet letters and gifts! I couldn't help myself and I just photographed every letter.I will need to get a new scrapbook tomorrow... What an emotional bitter-sweet day!!

Piles of cards. The box gift was purchased
by two adorable twins who told me
they spent their own money on it.
I love them.

Let the cuteness begin...



This girl is super shy and quiet, I
was absolutely amazed and touched by
the translated version of this letter.

I don't know who translated this for her,
but I am so grateful. Such a moving letter!












This is a card from the twins!
\
And the adorable contents of their box:
origami cranes and hearts, delicious cookies,
a lollipop, a cow pen, a rose petal decoration,
and a green teddy bear they asked me to keep
on my phone to always remember them by.











Okay? Love that her English name is Luz.







I haven't said goodbye to grade 6 just yet (and the majority of them are pubescent and really won't care haha), but I still have a few letters from them. The girl who wrote to me earlier (under the post Emotions) has been writing me daily and asking for immediate responses ("A4 paper is okay!") at school, so her letters are currently nestled in my desk.






 EMOTIONS!!!! I am really truly going to miss these kids. Every single letter means so much to me, even though I don't know all their names I know their faces and their personalities and ACH so sad. But such is the life of a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment