Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tidbits & Outdoor lesson

I made this post quite a few weeks ago but didn't quite finish.So here are some tidbits of summer :)

Milmyeon is a local version of the ubiquitous Naengmyeon.
The latter is cold noodle soup. During the Korean war,
this area didn't have access to all the ingredients, so
they invention MilMyeon! It's pretty similar, but
different noodles and includes pork.

Sharks, skates and rays are all
unsustainable seafood choices,
but look how cute this little guy is!
His clasper is even waving.


In June we had some really nice weather. So my coteacher had the great idea to have an outdoor class! The lesson was "May I go to the bathroom" and practiced the phrase "May I." Instantly this made me think of "Mother May I." I tweaked the game so that rock paper scissors was involved, and gave the studnets little papers to help them remember new vocab. Anyways, it was an enormous success! I've never heard so much LOUD English! It was a great time. Love grade 5!! Also before class I read the story "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly." While few kids understood the punchline, they all enjoyed the story and song-like delivery anyways! Great day :)

Displaying 1403773937498.jpeg

Displaying 1403773931445.jpeg

Multiple games occurring around each other.

Frog steps!

Giant steps!





No comments:

Post a Comment