Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beautiful beach day

I finally made my way out to Najeong Beach, in Gampo. It always blows my mind how easy it is to get to this lovely spot, just 1 hour by city bus from downtown Gyeongju! It was a beautiful day of swimming and relaxing, and of course people watching. It seems many Koreans aren't very comfortable in the water, so everyone had a ton of clothes and floating devices. This kid, as you can see, even had a bathing cap to prevent his hair from clogging up the drains of the oceans. When I would swim, sans floaties, out to the buoys, apparently people would watch in shock. It's quite funny. Either way, beautiful relaxing day, and a nice break from the heat.




Also, in a moment of connecting with my roots, I found both falafels and an Istanbul booth in Gyeongju! The falafels were delicious, in a little stall by the Express Bus Station. The woman said her husband is from Israel, and thats how she knows to make falafel and hummus. Sadly, one of mine fell onto the floor while I was eating!! But from what I tasted, it was super delicious. 





No comments:

Post a Comment