Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pet the curls!

I often forget I'm in a foreign land, my daily life has become so routine. Being called beautiful constantly and relying on body language has just become the norm. However, sometimes I am reminded that I am definitely a foreigner.

For whatever reason today my middle school girls were especially intrigued by my looks. Here's how our class ended.

"Teacher!! Lens in eye??"

"no.."

"But so BIG!"

"I have normal sized eyeballs.."

"HAIR! PLEASE. CAN I TOUCH?
"YEs!! Please please! Hair touchhhh"

"Um.. o.. kay..."

"OH MY GOD AMAZING PERM PERM PERMMMMM????"

"No perm..Check this out" (I bounce a few curls. What can I say, I'm a ham)

"TEACHER HOW??!?!"

"It just is.. how is your hair straight?"

"Magic straight!!!" (Basically a perm to make hair extra straight. Made me chuckle)

It was pretty funny but also kind of terrifying. Mostly it was the giggly girly girls swarming me, but even the level headed smart girl let her curiosity get the better of her and she pet me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment