Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Black Day

As you may remember, Black Day is Korea's Single's Day. It occurs two months after Valentine's and one month after White Day. In elementary, I haven't really noticed any mention of it and only know about it from foreigner friends telling me. When I asked my middle school students if they celebrated, only a few said they did and only one said she cried (jokingly, don't worry.) So I don't think it's quite as ubiquitous as Valentine's or White Day.

Still, pretty hilarious that there's a day to wallow in singledom sadly. You'd think a "Single's Day" would be full or partying and dates? Some friends and I went for the traditional Black Day dish of Jajangmyeon, Korean-Chinese black noodles.

Pre-mixed noodles and sauce.

Sad loser single

On the way home, I passed this
Chicken Live Club.
I only see chickens in clubs
if they're live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment