Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tidbits

The gym teacher was trying to poke fun at my coteacher by calling her a caveman. He surprised me immensely by saying "She is australopithecus." He then continued the joke calling her "Homo erectus." I took this opportunity to explain to them why middle school students always laugh when they learn about Homo erectus. It was a comical conversation with even more comical subtle hand gestures.

Today I was eating an after school snack in my favourite kimbap place (kimbap is the Korean version of sushi... it's similar in that it involves rice and seaweed, but otherwise is very different) and two groups of middle school students who used to be my grade 6 girls opened the door and came in to say hi! It was lovely. I asked how they were, and they said "Sad. Middle school is.... ugh." Haha pour things. One group included the girls who  made me that amazing rainbow letter. Walking home I passed another graduate of my school who couldn't remember my name but excitedly called out the name of my school and waved.

This inspirational quote is inside
a delicious but horribly
dingy Vietnamese restaurant.

This is a Vietnamese inspired meal called Shabu Shabu
(this is not the dingy place). It is AMAZING.
You cook the meat in the broth in the middle,
then you make your own rice paper rolls with
everything. It's unbelievably delicious. 

At Starbucks you can buy an
individually packaged "Chiquita
Super Premium Banana"
Went on an after school bike ride with a friend and
found this neat little traditional looking village.
We didn't have time to go inside, but we did
snap some photos with the statues and
glass ducks at the entrance.

Here are some quotes found on an optometry store window. Quite poetic if you ask me...


"Glasses were made for ovesight proofread
and protection
EYEWEAR
It is called speech
that is dress worn
in face
as glasses situate
On trend of fashion
Protect eyes,
give point to bored Kodi
item that
can produce various atmosphere.
Now, glasses are fashion!!!"



"Do not buy glasses,
it is that buy flavor and image
Feeling that want
to see
face near
Only my feeling
that have read intact mental image
Window that
have filled
alive impression
make only my flavor and style."

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the authors have found babelfish translators

    ReplyDelete