Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another cute letter and the Ulsan Whale Festival

"Dear Anne Teacher
Hello teacher Your go to school trip I'm not having fun at friday english I miss you Do you want to math? I want math and english I think english is fun because Anne teacher is teach me teacher How do you feel in school trip Are you miss me Do you want to go to school and teach me What's your favorite subject my favorite subject is english english is fun and easy I want to go to Canada Because is teachers from I miss you very much I want you go school early"



Also this weekend I went to Ulsan for the whale festival. A few people I know signed up to participate in the boat race at it. I was judging a speech contest in the morning, so I just went in the afternoon. It was fun, but the weather sadly turned cold and grey so we didn't stay too long. We saw whale meat! That was one of the most rancid smelling food items ever to grace my nose. I was unable to bring myself to try it not out of moral attachment to cetaceans, but out of extreme revulsion. Sadly I forgot my camera so my photos aren't great.






This guy was banging on wood with a nail and
creating very cool art.


Apparently, later in the evening, this whale
gets "whaled" in traditional
Korean hunting.

Such cute little knick knacks!

Whale meat for your tasting and smelling pleasure!

My friend said it was 40$ for one of those blobs.

Back in Gyeongju, the city is starting
to decorate for Buddha's birthday,
an upcoming holiday.


Finally, here is a car. It was illegally parked and knew it would get it's photo taken, so the owner just covered up their license plate!

Naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment