Monday, October 21, 2013

Zombie run and a letter

It's definitely getting harder and harder to write blog posts. I no longer feel like anything warrants a post - it's all just regular every day life other than travels! Teaching is nice, my kids are awesome, occasionally not, and life continues!

It's fall now so things are starting to get chilly. I did manage to get this picture of a Gingko tree turned bright yellow. I recently found out in Korean they're called "Bank trees" and I wonder if it's because of the golden hue they take in the fall. I was happy when my coworker though "gingko" was a cute word because it really is.

This weekend I did do something slightly out of the ordinary - I participated in a 5k chairty "Zombie Run." It was a lot of fun! You could sign up as a human or a zombie. Zombies had absolutely fantastic and terrifying makeup. Some even crawled on the ground like legless zombies always seem to do in movies. Us humans were given a belt with three ribbons velcroed on. If we managed to keep a ribbon, we were survivors. Unfortunately, a large portion of people cheated by hiding, tying, or placing ribbons in their crotches to dissuade the zombies from grabbing. I didn't survive, ,but I like to think I died with honour. The coolest part was climbing up a path in a forested section with graveyards on either side of us, listening for the groaning of upcoming zombies! Definitely got me into the Halloween spirit. Pictures and more info can be found on the facebook page.

Here is a letter I got today. It's just written on plain paper so I will just type it out instead of taking a photo because I'm lazy. It's from a grade 6 boy who's written a few times and is, obviously, awesome.

"Dear Anne Teacher,

Hello? [the question mark after hello will never cease to amuse me] I'm Su Hyeok in 6 -7. You are very special for me because I didn't write any letter to English teacher before and you are very kind to us so everyone like you. Also you asked me where I want to travel I want to travel all place in the world hahaha! I don't care, but I worry about danger. Safe is most important. I want to know what is your favorite Korean food? I will wait for your letter,

From Su hyeok"

I may have added periods and comma's, but the rest is totally unchanged! Cue ego boost!

Pretty yellow gingko

And a hippo statue!

No comments:

Post a Comment