Saturday, October 26, 2013

Science Fair Friday

This Friday I didn't teach, and instead went to a science fair. It wasn't quite the same as back home with the experiments and posters. Instead it was more like a fair, with popcorn and cotton candy, and with a sciency theme. Various tents were set up with different experiments, many of which were interactive. These included pottery, planting little plants in soil, growing some kind of waxy crystal in liquid (bear with me nothing was English), looking in microscopes (yay recognized plant cells!), and other fun stuff.

Cutest/most exciting parts:

1. A little girl who is not one of my students came up to me and said
"Excuse me, I think I remember your name... Is it.. Anne?"

Turns out she was at the district summer camp! How cutes.

2. Some graduates, all decked out in their new middle school uniforms, were presenting a booth. I went over to say hi and they totally remembered me! It was lovely. They even managed to explain a bit of what they were showing. They have three sloped slide things with balls that would roll down. One slide was straight, another with a slight curve, and the third with a deeper curve. Anyways he was able to explain the straight one was the shortest, and the slopped one made the ball go the fastest. Yay! They looked so grown up! It really must be horribly bittersweet for parents to see their cuties become humans.

3. So many kids gave me popcorn. I love them.

4. My coteacher's husband is a high school teacher and had a booth showing how to make hand drip coffee. So I got coffee. Oooh yeahh.


Super cool tent showing silk worms! Here are the cocoons
being spun!



Apparently one of my students raised them!
Also the worms dyed purple will make
purple silk??





Also I went on a bike ride and took some pictures. 




No comments:

Post a Comment