Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tombs downtown

Last weekend we also went to the tombs downtown, and Anapji Pond. Sadly I forgot my camera that day and my phone died by Anapji Pond. Oh well! Last weekend was also children's day. Children's day is a holiday here! I remember every mother's or father's day I would complain about the lack of a children's day. Little did I know, I just needed to move to Korea! Anyway, Adri and I passed a little booth by the train station where there were little activities for children. Because we were foreigners however, we were called over to skip lines. Some lovely lady monks (monkettes?) gave us tea made from a giant flower, then some young ladies painted our hands with facepaint! It was suepr cute and fun, and they all packed up and left right after we were done, so good timing!


Adri got a dragon, I got
Pororo the little penguin.




I didn't know black bamboo even existed.
It's kind of creepy isn't it!


This photo doesn't do this buggy justice.
It was completely lit up with festive lights,
and had music playing loudly, and even
occasionally had an artificial neigh-ing
noise (in case the real life horse wasn't
horse-y enough).




We ate at a traditional Korean restaurant - TONS
of side dishes!

We also stopped in a super cute cafe
with astronaut lights. The place
was incredibly adorable. 

We got "service" nuts (aka free) from the very
cute barista. They came on a Christmas plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment