Friday, May 31, 2013

After school English camp

Success! Last week there was an afterschool English. Four English teachers were involved and we all made our own classes. I made a volcano lesson, and also co-taught a soap making lesson. I also made questions for the "golden bell" quiz. (Questions like "I keep you dry when it is raining. What am I? Dry means NOT WET"). When there were too many winners, I had to make a hard question to find the grand winner. Spelling "squirrel" turned out to be TOO difficult, oops! The final question ended up being "I am an animal. I live in the ocean. I have ten legs. What am I?" We gave it to the girl who wrote Squeid.

Anyways the class was a lot of fun. The kids seemed surprised by the hands-on aspect of it. I told them to remove rings and bracelets, and they were so apprehensive at first. Once they starting playing with the dough, however, they really enjoyed it. I think they don't get to play with ucky mucky stuff that often. Another teacher had a sandwich making class which was the most popular and I mean, duh. Sandwiches are awesome.

Anyway here is photographic proof that I teach these cuties. Cuter photos where their faces are visible are on facebook!


Golden Bell quiz game. They oddly loved it.


Volcano lesson

Soap lesson




My masterful worksheet. Was nice that they all seemed
to get the vocab fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment