Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last goodbyes

Well this is it: my very last night in Korea. I simply can't believe how quickly two years has flown by. The other day I signed and dated a document as August 2012. Saying goodbye has been very hard.
Earlier this week I saod goodbye to my main coteachers. On Tuesday I went to Ashley's house and she cooked me delicious samgyupsal and I got to hang out with her and her baby in their gorgeous apartment. On Thursday Miyoung and I had delicious diy bibimbap and mackerel followed by coffee. She then helped me ship my remaining boxes,  including my precious laptop. Fingers crossed everything arrives safely! Saying goodbye to them was extremely difficult.  I was so unbelievably lucky having not one but two amazing coteachers who took such fantastic care of me. I'll miss them a ton.
Over the weekend I said goodbye to my friends. While I didn't have a big party,  I had a bunch of meals and spent my last night out enjoying a wild Norabang night for the last time.  I've eaten so much I might pop and have been spoiled with gifts and food. I met such amazing people out here. I will also miss them a ton!
I said goodbye to two of my favourite restaurant owners and even that was almost tearful. Tonight I brought some little cookies for my landlady to thank her. She gave me some peaches. Her and her friend laughed when I attempted to tell them what i'd had for dinner and then called me beautiful. I will miss Korean kindness more than I can say.
But on a happier note, tomorrow I start my holiday!  I'll ve spending two weeks in Malaysian Borneo!  I have packed extremely lightly which i'm proud of. I am so sad about my goodbyes I'm not really able to fully process my excitement,  but I know it'll be amazing. When I get back I'll upload a post about the trip,  and then finish off the blog with a conclusion post.  Anne is leaving Korea!

AMAZINGLY delicious chocolate mint bingsu.
A wonderful treat I will miss!

My very last class, a small camp where we mostly played
cards. Sweet girls. That shy little one was quite good
at Speed and Egyptian War!!
.
My wonderful coteacher Miyoung and me.

Sad face - last run!
This awesome trail is totally one of the reasons I
got so into running these past two years!

Hwangseong Park was another great route.

No comments:

Post a Comment